When the time comes to choose a toothpaste, a lot of people will go for the most affordable instead of actually looking to see what it is offering them. This might be a problem if the toothpaste is too abrasive for the type of teeth they have. Your dentist in Murrieta is able to recommend the right toothpaste for the type of teeth that you have. However, if you’re not going to be seeing your Murrieta dentist right away, keep these tips in mind the next time you go to purchase your toothpaste.
- Choose a toothpaste that is not harsh on the teeth if you have sensitive teeth. You can find toothpaste brands that are made specifically for sensitive teeth.
- Do not base your decision on what to buy off of the price or the flavor of the toothpaste. Each one contains something different.
- Choose toothpaste that is able to help keep plaque and gingivitis away and that will gently remove it each time you brush.
- Getting a toothpaste that has fluoride in it can provide you with a covering over the teeth that will protect them against any substances that they might come in contact with – such as orange juice.
- Always check the drug facts on the tube. This will allow you to know if the toothpaste is safe to use and if it is regulated by the FDA. Harsh chemicals should not be used inside toothpaste.
- If the toothpaste is not properly labeled or does not have the ADA stamp on it, then you might want to pass on this and choose one that you can clearly see both.
The Murrieta family dentist is able to provide you with more insight on what you should and should not use to brush your teeth. Every dentist is different, so you may be recommended something that you were not previously recommended. The best thing to do, if you’re uncertain on what to use though, is by asking your dentist in Murrieta to ensure that you’re getting a safe to use, fully functioning toothpaste.